Thursday 22 March 2007

Reflective Jackets


At some risk to my person, I've been running a bit of an experiment over the last week. How much notice do people take of you without a fluorescent jacket or belt? Not much difference seems to be the answer. Lights and some reflectors seem to be the main thing - light clothing or no, except perhaps in dusk or low light.

But, and this is the but - reversing cars and pedestrians seems to need a bit of day glo to stop them in their tracks. Otherwise, in my highly scientific test, they seem subconsciously to want to risk it. A Sam Browne seems a pretty good option, and so do some vests. So now I'm going to try the impossible and track down one that fits and almost looks good. I don't think a cycle jacket will do it - except the top of the range Respro model, the others all look like builders' clobber. However, the running market might have it tapped. I'll see what Nathan or Brooks can come up with. More to follow...

Meanwhile, good to see City Slicker is up for an award.

No comments: